On Sunday, April 29, 2012, the Jerusalem Post will be hosting their first annual conference on “Fighting for the Zionist Dream” in New York City. The conference, featuring several high profile speakers, is an attempt by the Jerusalem Post to bring to its readers the news makers and news reporters, both from Israel and the Diaspora, according to Steve Linde, editor-in-chief.
In a special invite, Mr. Linde writes, “A year after the historic changes brought about by the Arab Spring, the Middle East is undergoing a huge transformation, the US is bracing for a dramatic presidential election, the global economy is in turmoil and Israel is facing enormous challenges on all fronts. How will all this affect the close relationship between Jerusalem and Washington, and what impact might it have on Jewish communities around the world?”
The conference will feature many high profile speakers, including:
- Former Prime Minister Ehud Olmert
- Gilad Erdan – Israeli Minister of Environmental Protection.
- Gabi Ashkenazi – former Chief of Staff of the IDF
- Danny Ayalon – Israel’s Deputy Foreign Minister
- Prof. Alan M. Dershowitz – Attorney, law professor and author
- Ron Prosor – Israeli Ambassador to the United Nations
- Ido Aharoni – Consul General of Israel in New York
- Meir Dagan – former director of the Mossad
- Elyezer Shkedy – Former Commander in Chief Of the IAF and President & CEO EL AL Israel Airlines
- Efi Stenzler – World Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Jewish National Fund
- Russell F. Robinson – CEO JNFMalcolm Hoenlein – Executive vice chairman of the CPMAJO
- Daniel Seaman – Deputy Director General of the Israeli Ministry of Public Diplomacy
There will be three panel discussions covering the following topics: Israel’s place in the Middle East; Diaspora – Israel Ties; and The Media War against the Delegitimization of Israel.
I will be attending the conference. Tune in on Sunday for live tweets, and I hope to post the highlights when I return.